I'm so glad that Iris decided to host a Thanksgiving edition of Thankful Thursday. Although I'm learning to live a grateful life by participating in Thankful Thursday each week, why not also post on Thanksgiving? Iris, thank you for this opportunity to share and visit other participating blogs.
I love Thanksgiving! I love it even more than Christmas because there's no need for gifts and I think the expectations are not as high. It hasn't become as commercial as Christmas. It's a day of truly ...being thankful.
So, I just want to share a few things that I'm especially thankful for today:
- My cousin Mark's wife connected with me on Facebook. Donna took the time to write to me and arrange a phone call.
- I was able to speak with my mother's only brother, my Uncle Ivar on the phone because of Donna. The last time I saw him was several years ago and I was so thankful for the opportunity to catch up.
- I spoke with my cousin Mark today. He is such an adventuresome guy and when he graduated high school, he spent a year hitchhiking across the country. Mark was working in the building next to the Twin Towers on 9/11 and was one of the people covered in white dust running after the collapse of the buildings. I heard his story when I last saw him at his niece's wedding in Charlotte about 10 years ago.
- Greg's family will be getting together at his sister Amy's house for Thanksgiving dinner. We haven't all been together for some time so we're both looking forward to it.
- My family who lives in Florida will all be getting together at my sister Christine's house who carries on our family traditions.
- BTW, Christine's vision is much better but not completely healed. So please keep praying for a complete healing.
- I'm so thankful for my friends and especially my blogging friends who have given me such encouragement through these difficult times.
- I'm so thankful for the awesome couple who has provided a home for Greg and me once we sell our house. I know you don't want any public accolades but Greg and I are so very thankful.
- I'm so thankful for my personal relationship with the Lord. I don't know how I would get through this past year without Him.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And thank you for taking the time to visit Heart Choices.
Now don't forget to stop by tomorrow and check out my first Heart Choices giveaway. I hope to see you then.
Blessings to each one of you and enjoy your Thanksgiving,