- Do you find yourself running from activity to activity trying to complete your to-do list?
- Do you agree to help out with so many good causes, that you find it hard to make dinner and keep your house orderly?
- Do you ever find yourself keeping the TV on in the background at home but end up getting caught up in the talk shows and another hour has gone by?
- Do you find there's constant noise and activity throughout your day?
- Do you say your prayers in your car because you can't seem to carve out time to sit long enough to really listen to what God may have to say to you?
I love Joyful Toons. This cartoon says so much about spending time with God ...or not.
We can find ourselves distracted by so many things in this world. And not all of those things are wasteful activities. Many may be good things. Many may be things we do in God's name.
But is the desire of our hearts to really know Him? Do you really want to hear His voice? I wrote another post last week about hearing the voice of God. You can link here to read it.
In order to grow in any relationship, you need to spend time together.
So, pour a cup of tea, coffee or your favorite beverage and find a place where you'll be alone and talk to God and ...listen.
Maybe you have to set your alarm so you wake up a bit earlier than your children or before you have to get ready for work. It may only be a short time to begin with. But start with some time each day.
- Ask the Lord for direction for your day.
- Give Him your to-do list and ask for the time to complete what He has for you this day.
- Submit your day to Him asking for His strength and guidance.
- Ask for His wisdom to discern whether an interruption is a distraction or something sent from Him.
There may not be enough hours in the day to complete your to-do list. There may not be enough time to be super Mom, wife, daughter, sister, or friend.
Just start by submitting this day to the Lord. Allow Him to work in and through you to impact others He has for you ...in this season of your life.