Do you ever stop and listen to the messages you say to yourself every day?
- I'm not talented.
- I can't speak in front of people.
- I can't help it. I just have a short fuse.
- I'm not pretty.
- I'm fat or ...I'm skinny.
- I'm not athletic.
- I'm just not an exerciser.
- I'm just not good with people.
- I hate the way I look in jeans.
How many lies do we tell ourselves? What we continously say to ourselves often determines how we feel.
If you keep telling yourself that you're not athletic or you're not an exerciser ...you probably will avoid most physical activities.
If you don't like the way you look ...you may avoid interacting with others.
If you believe you can't speak well ...you will avoid public speaking.
But what would happen if ...you stopped listening to the lies and started filling your head with Truth?
- "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
- "I am God's child." John 1:12
- "I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind." 2Timothy 1:7
- "I am a citizen of Heaven." Philippians 3:20
- "I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me." 1 John 5:18
- "I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me." Philippians 3:20
If you took Truth like this and meditated on it, would it change how you felt? Would it change how you act?
When I think on these Truths it changes my perspective.
After all, it's not about me. It's about Christ in me.
And nothing is impossible for Him.