I really don't like to be around people who are "know it alls". You know what I'm talking about; the people who have an answer for everything.
You have a problem with something and they always know what's best. Even if they have no experience in that area, they are suddenly an authority.
As far as I'm concerned, I love to learn. I've often said that I made the choice to be a life long learner. No matter how old I am ...I always hope to be learning something new.
So, I guess I don't really have a problem admitting I don't have all the answers. I know I don't. And do you know what? It's a relief!
I'm so glad that I am a child of God and that I can go directly to the Source of all knowledge. I don't have to have all the answers. I don't have to carry the weight of the world or maybe just my family ...on my shoulders.
I have the privilege of:
- Praying and speaking directly to Almighty God who is Sovereign over all!
- Reading the Bible which was inspired by God so I would have a roadmap to live my life
- Sitting in His presence even when I'm in the comfort and privacy of my own home; He hears me, knows my thoughts and even ...the true motives of my heart.
- Having a relationship with the One who created me, knit me in my mother's womb and knows me better than I ever could
- Being in a personal relationship with my Savior who created me for His purposes and He even wants me to know what that is (if I'll only wait and listen long enough)
So, as I look at my list, I wonder why anyone would think they have to know it all. The most important thing is having a relationship with the only One who ...truly knows it all.
And that's fine by me. I like to spend time with Him.
I wonder about you. Do you have a teachable spirit or do you tend to feel like you need to have all the answers?