|I will never give up!|
- I am a nurse. When I graduated from nursing school, I was amazed at how much chronic illness was caused by an unhealthy lifestyle. Talk about the cost of healthcare. It's only become worse over the years.
- I have a family history of heart disease. My grandfather died at the age of 70 of a sudden heart attack. My dad suffered a heart attack when he was in his early 60's. He is still living but has endured numerous heart procedures. He has an implantable defibrillator and pacemaker but keeps on ...walking and living his life. Way to go Dad!
- I enjoy good food. There are a few Norwegian recipes that I continue to make and enjoy from time to time. They are a part of my heritage and I enjoy eating them ...in moderation.
- I want to have energy. I know that if I stop exercising for any length of time I will lose what I've gained over the years. As we age, we lose muscle. I don't want to become weak and be susceptible to falls. After all, I'm not getting any younger. I have to keep up with a classroom of 3 and 4 year old children. And believe me, they are quite active.
- I want to age gracefully. I'm not trying to act like I'm 30 years younger than my actual age. But I enjoy looking good and fitting into my clothes well. I enjoy working with younger healthy women. They help to keep me continuously striving to be active.
- I recognize who I belong to. The Bible tells me as a Christian my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. I was bought with a price so I will honor God by taking care of my body. After all, I want to be used by Him for His purposes.
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
English Standard Version (ESV)
So I will continue to strive towards a healthy lifestyle as long as I live. And along the way, I hope to inspire and encourage you to join me in this journey.
I'm linking up with Kim of Just For Clicks for Weigh-In Wednesday.