It's been way too long since I participated in Thankful Thursday. I'm linking up with Lynn of Spiritually Unequal Marriage.
I am feeling very thankful this morning. My circumstances haven't really changed considerably but I realized that I'm learning to live by faith more and more each day.
Here are a few things I'm thankful for:
- I found my iPod in a box that was packed away! Greg charged it for me yesterday and I got to listen to a variety of songs while I exercised on the treadmill this morning.
- I got to listen to Carrie Underwood singing "Jesus Take the Wheel" and Randy Travis singing "I'll Fly Away" along with Tony Bennett and The Carpenters. I think I need to categorize my songs, ya think?
- I love working from 9:30 am until 6 pm, especially when I complained at first. I miss the rush hour traffic and have time to have my quiet time, exercise and spend time having coffee with my husband.
- Realizing that my love for my husband has grown in the midst of some very trying circumstances
- Greg holding my hand while we are watching reruns of "Cagney and Lacey" which is one of my favorite TV series from the early 1980's.
- I get to spend time with so many children all day long
- Heidi, my partner in crime (only kidding) is coming to set up our classroom for the school year. So I will get to see her finally after a long summer. She is the teacher for our class of PreK 3's.
- Although I miss my car pool buddy Tara, I'm using the time on the drive to listen to some old cassettes I found of Anne Graham Lotz and Beth Moore. I'm glad my car has the a tape player too. I found the cassettes in a box too. Such treasures I'm finding!
- I am thankful for this journey that has included so many changes. I can't believe I'm actually writing that because I've always dreaded change!
- Since my brother and his wife are on vacation, my dad is staying at their home this week. He gets to spend time with their dog and swim in their pool. But how thankful I was that my niece Kristin has reached out to my dad and even made dinner for him. Thank you Kristin and Kevin!
- God is good and God is faithful!
|My Dad standing next to Kristin. My brother Steve is to her right and her husband Kevin is on the far right.|
|A rainbow I captured on my way home from work|
Blessings and love,