|Photo Credit: CharmRoyal.com|
Do they see:
- Bickering among members
- Mumbling about the type of music: contemporary versus traditional hymns
- Unforgiveness between people
- All talk but not walking the walk
- All prettied up and proper for Sunday church but arguing all the way in the car
- People so busy they've no time to sit and talk or counsel and pray
- A church performance with inspirational messages and awesome singers to entertain
- People who greet newcomers and ask their name and try to remember
- A genuine concern for one another
- Kindness towards one another
- A belief in the power of prayer as the members pray for one another
- Christ lifted up and all glory given to Him
- Reading from the Bible and people actually opening up their Bibles
Listen to what the Bible says in John 13:35 (New International Version):
"By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
love look like?
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Ephesians 4:2 (NIV)
All too often the world hears dramatized stories of Christians who have fallen and sinned. Another reason to not join that group of hypocrites.
But I've personally experienced the love of God through other believers recently. I wonder how people get through their trials and challenges without a personal relationship with the Lord? Or without the love of friends and family who live out their faith?
Do you have any stories or examples you care to share?
Have you seen love in action?
Blessings and love,