I have to confess that I'm not all that courageous.
It's one thing to appear courageous. But what I way too often feel inside is ... FEAR!
It figures that this painting was done by a Norwegian. What happened to the courageous Vikings?When I trust in myself ...I am fearful and not very courageous.
But, I'm so thankful that I know where to run when my courage is gone.
I was sitting next to an older woman I didn't know several weeks ago in church. When we stood to sing, she sat and cried softly. So, I sat down and put my arm around her and asked if I could help. She told me that the world had become so scary to her. She was afraid even though she was a Christian. I reminded her that we didn't need to be strong and courageous in ourselves, but we need to remind ourselves of who we belong to and ...to run to Him.
"When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God whose
word I praise, in God I trust. What can mortal man do to me?" Psalm 56:3-4
Here's my thankful Thursday list:
- I'm thankful that I don't need to know everything that will happen in the future even though my natural "self" would like a clear road map.
- I'm thankful that I don't have to be courageous in myself since I belong to the God who can do ALL things.
- I'm thankful that I am healthy and I don't take that for granted.
- I'm thankful that I have a sound mind and can replace the lies the world says with the Truth of God's Word.
- I'm thankful that I know exactly where to run to be safe; my strong tower ...The LORD.
- I'm thankful that I can pray and know I am heard and cared about.
How about you? Where do you get your courage to endure, especially when life becomes scary?