I decided to link up with Lynnette of Dancing Barefoot ...on Weathered Ground in a meme about getting to know you. Since I missed Wednesday's Walk down Memory Lane, I figured this one would be fun. If you know Lynnette (and I only recently started getting to know her) she is funny, quirky and ...totally open and honest.
She thought it would be fun to pretend we're sitting on her front porch and sharing and encouraging one another. Our lives get so busy and so for many of us, our social interaction tends to be online. It would be nice to sit in a comfortable porch chair, sip a cold iced tea and engage in ...some girl talk.
(Photo credit: House Beautiful)
Lynnette asked us to share 10 things about you that are charming, interesting, and fun.
Here's my list:
- I love the thought of simple living and watch the Waltons Thanksgiving movie every year. I also love Jan Karon's Mitford Series and have read every one of them.
- I'm a city girl but I often ...crave the country. Growing up in New York and now living in the heart of Phoenix, it's not country but maybe I could just visit?
- I've always daydreamed a lot! When I was a kid, I imagined my future life filled with my loving husband, a houseful of children, a white picket fence, a dog ...you get the picture. At least I have a loving husband, right?
- I am such a romantic. My mom always told me I was in love with love. I love candles, soft music, Sense and Sensibility, Michael Buble, fireplaces, beautiful table settings, bubble baths.
- I love people but I always need alone time. I'm equally outgoing and yet ...introspective.
- I've grown to love being organized. My house is organized except for my home office, which is where I spend most of my day. Go figure!
- I love to read several books at once. It depends on my mood.
- I absolutely LOVE the ocean but live in a desert. I LOVE the sound of rain and live in a dry desert. But I do have CD's with the sounds on them. I know it's not the same.
- I've kept journals for years and blogging has become an extension of that.
- I LOVE "So You Think You Can Dance" TV show. I'm amazed at how the contestants grow so quickly with the discipline and training of great choreographers.
Now, don't forget to stop by Lynnette's blog. You can join in too and link up with us. It's been fun.