It's Thankful Thursday. When I checked host Iris' blog Grace Alone to find out what this week's Thankful Thursday theme was my immediate reaction was ..."OH, NO".
You see, the theme is CHANGE. And I have to admit something ...I hate change.
This is my natural reaction to change. And yes, I know this painting was done by a Norwegian artist. Hmm ...are other Norwegians like me?
- I prefer my life to be ordered.
- I like to anticipate and prepare for my week in advance.
- I make lists.
- I set goals.
So, how am I going to be honest and write about how I can be thankful for change? Well, here goes:
- I am thankful that I keep a journal so I can look back and remember seasons in my life that were changing and uncertain and ...I actually survived and was better for it.
- I am thankful for family and friends that sometimes hold my hand and offer words of encouragement, love and prayer when life seems uncertain.
- I am thankful for the prayers and encouragement of blogging friends who I've never met face to face.
- I am thankful for my relationship with God who has a good plan and purpose for my life, even when I don't understand.
- I am thankful for my husband who has been helping me to see the future as a new adventure instead of something to dread.
- I am thankful for books. I love to read and I picked up a book on my shelf the other day called "The Prayer that Changes Everything" by Stormie Omartian. Now, I've read this before but as I flipped through the pages I came across a chapter about difficult times.
"Every time you walk through a difficult time and maintain an attitude of praise and worship before God, you will find your faith, patience, and love becoming stronger, more established, and more settled. That is the hidden power of praise working in your life."
What a great way to deal with change.
- I will make the choice to praise God in the midst of difficult times.
- I will make the choice to worship God in the midst of changes that I may not understand.
How about you? Are you thankful for change? Do you have any examples of changes that turned out to be good?
I hope you will link to other Thankful Thursday blog posts and be encouraged.