I've been tagged! I had to look it up because at first I didn't know what it was. But Debra from Clothed With Scarlet tagged me. So now I must compile a list of 15 things I'm not afraid to admit.
Well, here goes:
- I grew up in Lindenhurst which is on Long Island in New York.
- I introduced the rock star Pat Benatar to her previous husband Dennis Benatar on a class trip to see "2001: A Space Odessy".
- I was always sick as a young child because I was born with a congenital heart defect that wasn't corrected until I was 7 years old.
- I had to go through the clinic system at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, NY for ten years after my surgery because my family couldn't afford the private health insurance at that time. (We waited all day for one appointment to see the cardiologist or surgeon.)
- My favorite sandwich as a child was American cheese on plain white bread (no butter or mayo).
- I won four pens at Dale Carnegie when I took their public speaking class (even though my hands were shaking).
- I was Captain of the Twirlers for three years at my high school.
- I was the valedictorian of my grade school but I didn't do as well in high school because I was more interested in socializing.
- I love to spend time with people but need equal time alone.
- I'm 100% Norwegian and proud of it.
- My husband Greg is a serial entrepreneur.
- I always dreamed of having children but was unable to have them.
- I was interviewed for a local newspaper article about infertility because the reporter said I was the only respondent who was at peace despite my infertility.
- I love my nieces and nephews and have a blast being an aunt.
- I've been a Christian for many years but only began to seriously grow in my faith since 1994.
I guess now I'm supposed to tag someone else. I tag: