As I consider the word fill, much comes to my mind. I tend to fill my life with many things. In this age of technology:
- I can fill my time shopping without leaving my home.
- I can look at beautiful images on Pinterest and dream of places I long to visit and things I long to buy.
- I can fill my time listening to music.
- I can exercise while reading my Kindle.
- I can fill my time keeping up with my friends and family on Facebook.
I recall a quote I read by Blaise Pascal:
There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man that cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus.
That's what I want to be filled with; Jesus. I want to saturate myself in His Word. I want to be filled to overflowing with His love. And then I want to go out into the world filled with His love to share with others.
How about you? What are filling yourself with? Is it satisfying?
I'm linking up with Kate Motaung who is now hosting Five Minute Friday.