My one word for 2013 was ...surrender.
I have to admit I struggled at times. My human flesh can get in the way. But I do believe I've made progress.
I reviewed my blog posts on Heart Choices for 2013. I wrote many posts about being thankful as I reached #1,000 on my list of every day blessings. Many of those blessings included people I love, the children I get to spend my days with at school, my co-workers, and the lessons I'm learning in the hard places of life.
But I also focused much writing on losing weight ...
|Miss Debbie doing planks|
I've lost weight and then gained weight. The variance isn't very wide as the fluctuation involves less than five pounds. But I hoped to get back to my normal weight pre-stressful period in my life (the last four years). And I didn't!
I also focused on finishing my book ...
I did not reach my goal.
Yes, I can rationalize that my computer crashed this past year. For several months I was without all the work I'd written. Eventually, my friend Sue's husband was able to restore my document for me. But I continued to write only now and then. It's easy for me to write a blog post but harder to focus for long periods of uninterrupted time writing.
So what do I do now?
- I recognize my weaknesses and give them to the Lord.
- I remember: "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
- I can pray about where the Lord wants to lead me in 2014
- I remember: "Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain." Psalm 127:1
- I can appreciate the people the Lord has brought into my life and love them
- I can establish healthy habits that I can live with ...for life
- I can break my book down into shorter chapters like blog posts so it's not so overwhelming
- I've prayed about my one word for 2014.
- I've talked with my husband about my one word for 2014.
- I will share more about my one word for 2014 in another post.
How about you? How did you do in 2013? Do you have a one word for 2014 yet? I'd love to read your comments.
Blessings and love,