They are small but they are a big deal. That's for sure!
They've entwined themselves into my heart. They greet me each morning with huge smiles and hugs. I find myself looking forward to going to work each day at our school. The three and four year old children keep me on my toes and laughing.
Yesterday these small people had me laughing. Hilton kept repeating "ay yi yi yi". I looked at her and asked where she learned that. She shot a quick look at me and exclaimed "from you Miss Debbie". I realized that I had become a little bit exasperated at one point. And I will admit I may have muttered "ay yi yi yi" under my breath. But did I say it out loud? Obviously! Be careful what you say as the little ones learn and imitate.
I love their imaginations as I observe them during free play.
- Sid dressed up in a leather vest and held a microphone to sing.
- Hilton pulled a cheer leader outfit over her head and on top of her uniform. She told me her mom signed her up for cheer and she wanted to see what it felt like.
- Melika made soup and toast for me in our play kitchen.
- Mackenzie dressed up in a fancy dancy dazzle outfit with feathers.
- Nila wore a bride outfit with a veil. I noticed Sid walk beside her in his vest.
Blessings and love,