But if you consider your future, I believe it's important to examine your day to day choices. After all, they determine what your tomorrows become. I coined that phrase when I was working with heart patients. As a cardiovascular nurse specialist, part of my job was to educate them about making healthier lifestyle choices.
We make choices in every area of our lives.
- Hold a grudge or forgive someone who wronged you
- Complain about what you don't have or be thankful for every day blessings
- Question where God is or praise and thank Him for His love and mercy
- Become impatient with a slow sales clerk or smile and tell her to have a good day
- Avoid spending money you don't have or charge it
- Pop open that can of soda or drink a glass of water
- Clench your jaw or take a few deep breaths
- Sit and do nothing or go for a walk
- Complain or pray, pray, pray
- Give advice not asked for or simply listen
We may not get to choose all of our situations but we can choose our response.
What choices can you make that will move you towards a better future?
I'd love to read your comments.
Blessings and love,
photo credit: Photo Extremist via photopin cc