I look around me and see many situations that seem impossible. After all, I'm not in control of other people and their responses.
I often say that I may not be able to control everything that happens to me but ...I can choose how I respond to them.
I can't tell you how much that has helped me cope with many issues in my life.
As I ponder Matthew 19:26, I wonder if I've been managing my expectations so I won't be disappointed.
Do I truly believe that NOTHING is impossible with God?
- I pray over situations.
- I spend time in His Word.
- I ask the Lord to prompt me by His Holy Spirit when I am to speak and when I am to remain quiet.
But when things or people don't change, I have to admit I feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong. Like I'm the reason for failure. But this Scripture verse says that with man (woman) this is impossible. I realize that I am taking responsibility for something that is God's.
I guess it comes down to surrender ...
That can be such a difficult word especially when you feel so capable.
Have you heard the phrase: God helps those who help themselves?
Well, it isn't anywhere in the Bible!
God helps those who come to the end of themselves and realize they cannot do it alone. Why do you think so many people have to hit rock bottom before they come to God?
So, what do I do with the situations and people I'm praying for?
- I continue to pray for the seemingly impossible
- I surrender the situations and people to the Lord
- I trust that God knows what's best
- I believe that nothing is impossible for God
- I rest in that promise
- I live my life not constantly worrying
How about you? Are you praying for the impossible?
Blessings and love,