I had to laugh when my friend Jamie sent me this photo of her two little girls and a dog. I wonder who is really in the driver's seat?
It happens to be that adventure was my one word for 2012. I tend to be a dreamer and a planner. But lately my life has been anything but stable and planned. As I see it, I have two choices.
- Try to control my world and drive myself nuts with stress.
- Trust God and allow Him to guide me each step of the way on this adventure.
Frankly, I'm ready for #2. For too long, I tried to maintain control.
If I knew all that would happen in my life in advance, I think I would have run away.
So today I make the choice to:
- Begin my day in prayer and reading my Bible
- Yield every part of my life to the Lord
- Walk by faith and not by sight
- Not worry about where I will live
- Take life one day at a time
- Be more aware of those every day blessings
- Enjoy the moment
- Know that God is ultimately in control of all things
- Anticipate answers to prayer
- Be excited about the possibilities God has for me
- Love others
- Laugh more
Blessings and love,