The quote I chose for us to write about is from the last blog post of David Wilkerson, founder of World Challenge. He died April 27, 2011 in an auto accident.
I was so saddened to read of the sudden death of David Wilkerson. I remembered reading the book "The Cross and the Switchblade" many years ago. It was the story of how David worked with drug addicts and gang members in New York City. The book was made into a movie and I remember being amazed at the transformation of Nicky Cruz, a former gang member after he was led to the Lord.
I'm sure when David Wilkerson wrote his last blog post, he had no idea he'd be meeting the Lord later that day. I guess none of us ever knows that for sure.
As I contemplate this quote, I can't help but think of the way my life has been turned upside down in the last few years. So many changes. And yet I continue to pray.
I must confess that there have been days when I cried out to God, asking if He'd forgotten me. You see, my human emotions can get in the way at times. But I believe by faith and I know that I know ...He will never leave me nor forsake me.
He knows all the intimate details of my life:
- Moving from my dream home
- Living in a temporary dwelling
- Returning to full time work
- Losing so much freedom
I may not understand the why's of it all. But I trust my God who has my life in His very capable hands.
Through it all, my eyes have been opened.
- I have a new understanding for others going through challenges.
- I am learning to notice the simple everyday blessings I used to take for granted.
- I am learning to enjoy the moments along the way.
- I have been given an opportunity to work with little children. The Lord knew how much I longed for children of my own for so many years. So, in the midst of difficulties, He provided me with a job in a private school. What a comfort and joy they are to me!
I don't know what the future holds. But I listen for His still small voice as I read my Bible and pray. I praise Him in the midst of the storm, trusting Him with my tomorrows. Maybe one day I will understand but for now ...I continue to walk by faith.
Blessings and love,