It's Thankful Thursday and Iris of Grace Alone is our host for the month of February. Iris is the originator of this meme and might I add a wonderful friend to me. Love you Iris!
I'm so thankful for God's love towards me. Without the precious gift of His Son Jesus, I don't know how I could go on some days. But as I have a personal relationship with Him, I know I am never alone. And I know that I know ...I am loved.
The Bible tells me so and I believe it.
As I've been in a prolonged season of trials, I've been so encouraged and loved by others. I'm so thankful for the blessings I received this past week. It was my 57th birthday on February 1st. I thought I would just forget this one but:
- My friend Terri took me to Postinos for lunch. It's one of my favorites.
- My friend Helen stopped by with beautiful tulips and drove me around town to do errands and split the most delicious panini at Bertha's Cafe (another Phoenix favorite of mine).
- Greg's mom and sister Amy got me a gift certificate to get my hair cut and highlighted at Mane Attraction. I haven't had this done in quite some time. I got the haircut but have an appointment later today for a few highlights. Heather did such a great job too. There's nothing like this indulgence to make a gal happy. :)
- My friend Pauline called me and sent me the most beautiful card. She lives in Clearwater, Florida and we worked together as nurses years ago. She hadn't heard from me lately and called to check in and wish me a happy birthday.
- A dear friend and my former Bible Study Fellowship teaching leader stopped by my house to give me a hug and special birthday greetings.
- My friend Sue who is always there to share a word of encourgement and love.
- Anna May is another godly friend who calls me and loves me. Her hubby Jack even asked her the other day to be sure to call Debbie. Thanks Jack!
- My small group Bible study who has blessed me in so many ways with their love and prayers.
- Pastor Dan who calls me and prays with me at times.
- I'm thankful that a new friend has been attending church with me lately and is now bringing her 2 and 3 year old daughters. How thankful I was when we picked them up after church and found them smiling and happy.
- Peggy of Amazing Grace who has taken the time to share Scripture verses and special songs that have touched my heart. You're awesome.
- A blogging friend who gifted me with an amazon card and I was able to purchase Ann Spangler's book "Praying the Names of God". I can now participate in the meme on Jill's blog Forever N Ever N Always beginning March 1.
- My realtor's assistant Judy who gave me the book "Then Sings My Soul" which contains 150 of the world's greatest hymn stories. It's amazing to read the stories behind the hymns.
- The love of my family and husband.
I kow I'm missing many thanks to others but since it's after midnight, I am tired and need to go back to bed. But in the midst of the storm, I want to be praising God. He is in control and nothing happens that surprises Him. He is teaching me valuable lessons in the storm and I'm so thankful for His love.
Blessings and love,