Do you believe that ...you matter?
It can be easy to think that who you are and what you do really doesn't matter.
We live in a time when people want to be known. With social media, anyone can become famous even if it's for five minutes and maybe for the wrong thing.
I enjoy watching reality TV shows like The Voice and The X Factor. I'm amazed by the talent that may never have been discovered. These platforms provide an opportunity to be heard and seen by millions.
There are moments when I wish I could sing. Unfortunately, I didn't inherit that gene from my parents. I'm glad that our classroom of twenty 3 year old children don't seem to notice if I'm a little off key as we sing "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands". :)
It can be easy to begin to compare yourself to others and ...feel disappointed.
Remember this ...
God created each one of us with unique talents and abilities. Maybe you'll never be discovered for your singing ability.
What you do with what you've been given is key. You matter.
- Offer the gift of encouragement to someone in need.
- Take a break from texting and read a story to your child.
- Pray for those you promised to pray for.
- Listen patiently to that person who takes forever to express themselves.
- Call a friend who is going through a rough time.
- Write a blog post even if you get no comments. (That post may be just the one that touches another person's heart and just what they needed to read.)
What you do matters. This list is just a beginning. I have the feeling you can add to my list.
Blessings and love,