On this Walk with Him Wednesday, Ann of A Holy Experience has asked us to write about how we've experienced God recently.
When I read that request, my first thoughts went the Henry Blackaby study called Experiencing God. That study impacted my Christian walk more than any other study except of course, the Scriptures themselves.
You see, at the time I knew I was a Christian but I didn't quite understand how to live that out in my life. I heard how people would claim that God spoke to them but at that time ...I never heard His voice.
But God ...He met me right where I was, a bit skeptical and unsure. I'm forever grateful for His tender love and patience. And that's when I met Helen, my prayer partner.But the question Ann posed was how have I experienced God lately. Here are just a few:
- I am experiencing His presence as I know that I know I am never alone.
- He speaks to me through His Word, the Bible as there have been many times recently when a Scripture practically leaps off the page. It's as if God highlighted it just for me and my situation.
- He often awakens me with a song in the morning. I've shared many of them on my Then Sings My Soul Saturday posts with you.
- He has been providing me with opportunities to pray with people I would never have imagined. My realtor Cionne held my hand and prayed with me before the buyer came to my house to pick out the furniture they want to keep.
- I am experiencing God's love for others as a blogger from another state reached out to me to ask if I might meet her sister who lives not far from me. We went to church together last Sunday and it was a joy getting to know her. She's not been to church recently and she's returning next Sunday with her two little children. Praise God for this. The children's program director met her and explained the process of enrolling the children and was so kind to her. And the people in my church were very kind and welcoming to her which made my heart so happy as God's people stepped up.
- I've experienced God this week when I received yet another phone call from my Pastor Dan. His encouragement as I go through my current storm has been so helpful and my church family has rallied around me.
- I've experienced God through a Christian couple who do not want to be named and have provided just what Greg and I need for housing.
- I've experienced God through the Book of Hababbuk as I listen to Scott Samter's teaching at On Opening His Word Together. I never realized how this little book could teach me so much as I see what is happening in our world today.
- I'm experiencing God as He provides me with opportunities to share where my strength comes from and give Him the glory.
- I'm experiencing God with a new tenderness for people going through their own seasons of difficulty and challenge. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 has become more real to me.
Have I been experiencing God lately? Oh, yes I have!
I leave you with this beautiful graphic and verse. Love should be the distinguishing mark of how the world sees Christians treat one another.