"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Proverbs 9:10
I am so thankful that I live in a time and place where I am free to seek knowledge and wisdom. In some parts of the world, this isn't so.
I have so many books and Bibles at my disposal. And I love to read. But there's such a difference between knowledge and wisdom.
I can read as many books as I like but ...do I apply what I learn?
Wisdom takes time and experience. You may read to your child but it's take time and through experience that they begin to understand and apply this knowledge.
I'm the same way. I have a thankful list in regards to wisdom. I'm thankful for:
- My early morning quiet time when I can read my Bible and pray seeking God's wisdom.
- How my mom used to read to me as a child and helped me develop a love for reading
- My Sunday morning small group Bible study
- The Truth Project that our group is studying about understanding our world from a biblical worldview
- Jill of Forever n Ever n Always who has gained such wisdom and loves to share it with others
- Scott (who is Jill's husband). On his blog called Opening His Word Together, his Bible teachings are recorded. I've been so blessed by listening to Hebrews. I've gained such wisdom as I'm learning to apply what I learn.
- The years of attending and being a children's leader in Bible Study Fellowship. They were invaluable in my understanding, growth and applying God's Word.
I am still a work in progress. After all, I want to be a life long learner. But in addition to gaining knowledge, I really want to gain wisdom so ...I will apply what I learn.