Autumn is my favorite season. Memories of growing up on Long Island, New York include the changing colors of leaves, cool crisp days and lots of leaves to rake. Now that I live in Phoenix, Arizona autumn is different but ...I still love this time of year.
It's been too long since I wrote about counting my blessings. I'd been in the habit of writing them down every Monday. I'd accumulated well over 1,000 and ...then I stopped.
So what better time to pick up this habit when I have so much to be thankful for.
Yes, it's warmer in Phoenix than Lindenhurst, NY but it's still pumpkin time. And did I mention that I love everything pumpkin. Pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin soup, pumpkin candles. I even bought a fun t-shirt from Zulily.
I was so excited when my Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer arrived in the mail. I had to go shopping to see everything pumpkin and I wasn't disappointed. They had large pumpkins. They had small pumpkins. They had flowers; lots of flowers.
I can't wait to teach my little Mini-Mustang class all about pumpkins. I know our Science teacher Mrs. Baer plans such fun activities but I want to add a little bit to it. I have pumpkin fever after all!
I love to observe little children as they discover what's inside a pumpkin. You never know what they will do but that's part of the fun.
This is what happened last year when Mandie and I worked together. No Leo, don't put your head in the pumpkin. :)
I found this cute autumn subway art printable which you can download for yourself here.
My thankful list:
- Temperatures in the double digits in Phoenix (not triple)
- Lots of pumpkins
- Pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks
- A four day weekend
- Getting closer to Thanksgiving
- Talking to Heidi, my amazing friend and co-worker for four years
- Going to Scottsdale Fashion Square to meet a friend (I've not been in the mall in years)
- Long walks in the morning
- Losing weight (I'm almost at the goal I set for myself)
- A delicious dinner last evening prepared and served by my hubby Greg
- One more day before returning to work tomorrow
Will you take time this week to notice your every day blessings? I can guarantee that it will begin to change your perspective.
Blessings and love,