Heart disease is the #1 killer of women.
Too many people consider heart disease to be a man's disease but that's not true. I want to encourage women to take better care of themselves and to know their risk factors.
I was so excited that the theme for today is:
Share an Inspirational Quote!
Now that's right up my alley. I love to inspire and motivate people to make healthy choices. I worked as a cardiovascular nurse for 25 years after all.
So I will get the ball rolling and begin sharing:
- "Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." John Wooden
- "You are what you repeatedly do." Aristotle
- "You must do the thing you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Exercise in the morning before your brain figures out what you're doing." Unknown
- "Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength." Mary Engelbreit
- "A goal properly set is halfway reached." Zig Ziglar
- "When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there." Zig Ziglar
- "Hope is the power that gives a person the confidence to step out and try." Zig Ziglar
- "Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible." Tony Robbins
- "A year from now you will wish you had started today." Karen Lamb
- "Don't wait. The time will never be just right." Napoleon Hill
I thought this was a great quote to end with. I found it on a friend's Facebook page. Thank you Joani!
If you have a favorite quote, please feel free to add it in the comments.
If you want to check to see what your risk factors are for heart disease go here.
Let's do all we can to stay healthy!
Blessings and love,