So how do I prepare?
- I take plenty of water.
- I apply sun screen.
- I wear hiking boots.
- I pack a cell phone for emergencies.
- I take my camera so I can take photos to share.
On my journey to a healthier lifestyle, I also need to be prepared. After all, if I simply do what I want and eat what I want ...I will never achieve my goal.
So here are a few practical tips that have helped me. I'm sure you could add to this list.
- Make a list before going to the grocery store
- Don't shop when you're hungry
- Shop the outer aisles where there's fresh vegetables and fruits
- Purchase produce in season
If you're going to be gone from home, be prepared. Those hunger pangs can hit and if you have nothing healthy, it can be way too easy to be tempted to eat unhealthy foods or what I like to call empty calories. That's when I can get into trouble.
- I pack a lunch to take with me to work.
- I always have my water bottle handy.
- I take a few healthy snacks along.
- I insert an ice pack in my lunch box to keep everything fresh.
I also prepare to exercise every day.
- I have my exercise clothes ready the night before.
- My Kindle is available so I can read while walking on my treadmill.
- Water is readily available.
- I mentally recognize that I WILL get up, exercise and not think about whether I want to or not
I'm linking up with Kim of Just For Clicks for Weigh-In Wednesday.