This is my first time participating in Wednesday's Hodgepodge. However, I enjoy reading Lea's answers at Cici's Corner each week so I decided to join in today. Here are my answers to the questions for this week.
1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
Right now I'm literally in the middle of attempting to clean out my closet. My desk and computer are located in a corner of the living room. There's a closet that contains all of my supplies, photo albums, and everything else. I have it emptied and am trying to get rid of what I don't need. I always have a hard time with this though. But I do want to be organized. Does that count?
2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini? What's your peach pleasure?
I love peach anything. In fact, ripe peaches are my very favorite fruit. I like peach pie and peach cobbler but I actually prefer peaches by themselves. They are so delicious they don't need anything else.
3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you."Agree or disagree...explain.
I agree. However, I tend to love my comfort zone but I realize that is not where I need to stay. In order for me to grow I need to leave my comfort zone. Since I'm determined to be a life long learner, I must agree. :)
4. What's your favorite household chore? Yes, you have to choose one.
Doing laundry if you can believe that. I remember many years ago I used to roll my cart to the laundromat. The man who worked here commented that he'd never seen anyone who enjoyed doing laundry as much as me. But I think I love the smell of clean clothes. I wish I could hang my laundry on a line outside as I love the scent of freshly cleaned sheets.
5. Fodor's recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more or see pretty pictures, but this is their list...Butterfly Beach in Santa Barbara CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy in Santa Park Fe NM, Laguna Beach California, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.
I love Santa Monica! Greg and I have spent many weeks here over the years. I have such fond memories of my time here. I loved watching the sunset from our beach front balcony. I also enjoyed roller blading along the beach path.
6. What's your favorite or most used app? If you don't use apps, how about your favorite or most visited website?
Facebook is where I spend much too much time on every day. But it's my connection to family in other parts of the country and world.
|Kenzie trying to go up the slide|
|Kenzie trying on her mom's sunglasses|
I get to see photos like these every day on Facebook. And you wonder why I love Facebook? And of course, I need to check each morning to see who has a birthday.
7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
I am determined to get in shape.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The school year starts next week. I'm excited to meet our new batch of three year old children but will miss our class from last year. I get so attached to each one of them. I hope many will stop by to say hello to Miss Debbie. I love to see them grow.
I'm linking up with Joyce of From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday's Hodgepodge.
Blessings and love,