Children fall. It's a given. A baby learns to walk. They fall down but get right back up. A child tries to ride a bike. Over and over ...they fall.
But do they quit? Do they say I'm not going to walk or I'm not going to ride a bike? It's too hard.
They get back up again and again and again until they finally succeed.
Why can't we adults be like that? I fall and think to myself. I must not be very good at this so I stop trying. I come to the place of fearing failure. So instead what do I do? I avoid certain things that cause me anxiety. Or I don't complete what I started because I'm afraid I will fail and ...fall.
I want to learn to fall and pick myself back up and keep trying.
- I'll keep on blogging even if only one person reads it
- I'll keep on writing my book even if I have doubts as to my ability as a writer
- I'll keep on exercising even if I don't see the weight on my scale going down as fast as I'd like
- I'll keep on praying even if I don't see the results right now
- I'll keep on allowing God to work in me and through me even if I don't see my loved ones change
Blessings and love,
photo credit: clarkmaxwell via photopin cc