We write for five minutes flat on a word given to us by Lisa-Jo. The word for today is ...CHANGE.
Change is something I've always disliked. I like my life to be predictable. I am very loyal. I have friends I've known since childhood. I love to set up my daily schedule and stick to it. This has worked well for me in so many areas of my life. But over the years, I've learned a valuable lesson.
Change is inevitable.
Life happens. I don't always get to stick to my schedule. Other people don't always react the way I anticipate or expect. I need to be flexible. I don't always get to plan out everything.
In the midst of many life changes, I've learned that God is trustworthy and faithful. When I lean on Him, I don't need to fear change. He is with me and promises to never leave me.
Change is an opportunity to trust God.
When major life changes were thrust upon me:
- God used many people who ministered to me and came alongside of me.
- I learned the power of prayer.
- I learned to read the Scriptures for wisdom and comfort.
- I learned that this world is uncertain and ever changing.
- I learned to have an eternal perspective as I keep my eyes on Jesus.
- I had to return to the work force.
- I found such joy when I got to work with little children.
- I made many new friends in a job I never thought I'd be doing.
I'm learning that nothing is certain in this life. Change is inevitable.
But God never changes.
I can count on that and that is good enough for me.
How about you? How do you deal with change?
Blessings and love,