I have a huge to-do list.
- I need time to refresh since I'm tired.
- I need to get all of the boxes unpacked since we moved.
- I have friends I want to visit.
- I want to lose weight and get back in shape.
- I want to cook nutritious meals.
- I want to plant an herb garden.
- I want to add more rose bushes out front.
- I need to hang my pictures.
- I want to write my eBook.
- I have so many blog posts in my head.
- I want to visit my blogging friends' blogs.
- I want to organize my work space which has become much smaller with this move.
- I need to complete our family budget.
- I want to spend fun time with my husband.
The list could go on and on but I won't bore you with all the details. I need to get my priorities straight.
I need help!
But I already know where to go and what to do.
I recently wrote a devotional for Laced with Grace on patience. Patience isn't really something to work on. As a Christian, I need to stay connected to the Vine. As I spend time in His Word, prayer and listening to the Holy Spirit ...the fruit of the Spirit will become a byproduct in my life.
So what do I do first on my to-do list?
I begin each day with a quiet time.
I ask God to order my day and my time. I don't want to miss out on those Divine appointments He has prepared for me because I'm too busy to notice.
How about you? Are you so obsessed with completing your to-do list that you have no time to spend time with the Lord? Do you send those SOS prayers in your time of need but forget to spend time praising Him and thanking Him?
Will you consider reordering your day? I know I need to begin ...today.
Blessings and love,