I'm linking up with Bonnie for another Faith Barista Jam. The topic for this month is restoring soul rest. What a timely topic this is for me.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could take a vacation from our problems?
Greg and I laugh each time we watch the movie "What About Bob?" with Bill Murray. If you've never seen this movie, it's worth renting. Laughter is good for emotional rest you know.
I'd like to take that vacation and stay in this beautiful ocean front setting, wouldn't you? I'm sure I'd get lots of emotional rest here.
But the reality is that I can't take a literal vacation from my problems. They have this annoying habit of not really going away, no matter where I stay. As I go through this difficult season in my life, the emotions of fear and anxiety can easily take over. But as the name of my blog says, I have Heart Choices to make.
You see, I may not get to chose all of the circumstances in my life but ...I can choose how I respond.
For me to experience emotional rest, I must make a few choices:
- I choose to trust that God sees and knows all the details of my life.
- I cast all my cares upon Him.
- I choose to recognize and act upon those Divine appointments as I stay close to the Lord.
- I choose an attitude of gratitude as I look for the many simple blessings God has provided for me.
- I choose to not only study the Bible but I obey it.
- I choose to be a vessel of God's as I share His love with others; sometimes with words.
I know I could add more to this list. But how about you? How do you experience emotional rest?
Blessings and love,