I'm jamming today with the Faith Barista. We're sharing our Unwrapping Jesus discoveries.
My life has literally turned upside down in the past year. Living in a temporary dwelling with boxes everywhere is a bit difficult.
Christmas had been so organized in the past.
- I set up our tree with all the decorations the day after Thanksgiving.
- I'd shop throughout the year looking for special presents for family and friends on my long list. I loved to find the perfect gift for each one and even loved wrapping them.
- The Christmas cards were signed and mailed.
- The menus were planned for Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and Christmas Day.
And then my life changed.
I'm not buying a long list of presents. In fact, I've not even set foot in a mall in quite some time. I will send out a few Christmas cards using leftover ones from previous years. I hope to make a few gifts and do a bit of baking (if I can find my pans in the boxes in the garage).
- I get to see the excitement in the eyes of the little children I'm teaching as they get to place ornaments on our class Christmas tree.
- I get to listen to Christmas carols playing softly as the children take a nap after lunch on their mats.
- I get to listen to their excited voices as they tell me what they want for Christmas.
- I get to hear their sweet voices sing "Jingle Bells".
He whispers to me that He has a plan and a purpose for my life. He promises to never leave me nor forsake me.
And so I can celebrate Jesus.
Unwrapping Jesus is:
- A gift of His perfect love for me
- The freedom He provides
- The peace I can have with God
- The gift of eternal life
God has changed my perspective and opened my eyes in new ways this past year. And I am so grateful.
As I celebrate Christmas this year, my focus will be on Jesus. How about you?
Blessings and love,