As a person who normally keeps my emotions under control, I have to confess that I feel so exhausted. But I do believe the Lord has been peeling back some of the layers I built up around my heart. So it's a good thing!
I am a work in progress!
- I listened to all of Tracy's videos
- I've done the Bible readings
- I read and answered all of the questions on the handout sheets
What can happen when I choose to open my heart?
- I risk being hurt
- I feel more deeply
- I'm more vulnerable
- Trust God with my heart
- Receive more love
- Give more love
But walking by faith requires ...trust and obedience.
It always seems to come back to my 2010 theme. After all, this is my year to learn to live fearlessly.
A few of the important lessons I've learned through A Makeover of the Heart are:
- God wants me to trust Him completely with my heart.
- God is trustworthy and knows what is best for me.
- God has a plan for my life and I don't need to know every detail.
- I am to live a life of prayer.
- I am to be still and know that He is God.
I highly recommend Makeover of the Heart. It's a great online Bible study and can still be accessed for all six weeks.
Since I'm a work in progress, I may take a few steps back now and then. But I know the Lord won't leave me there and I'm so grateful for that.
How about you? Are you trusting God with your heart?
Blessings and love,