I decided to join in with Linda of Second Cup of Coffee for Random Dozen. A few of her questions were related to fall. And since I live in Phoenix, Arizona it doesn't yet feel like fall. It's hot! So, maybe I can pretend. :)
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
As a matter of fact, I have. I was the class valedictorian when I graduated from elementary school. I don't know if they award them anymore but I had to give a speech to the graduating class.
I won four pens for speeches I gave in a public speaking program at Dale Carnegie.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
My brother was in the Navy and served during the time of the Vietnam War. My second cousin Ken was in the Army and spent time in Vietnam.
|Cousin Ken, my brother Steve and my dad|
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
I get tears in my eyes when I hear our national anthem. I'm also very touched and thankful when I see soldiers in uniform.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I am the second child of three. My brother is older and my sister is younger. I'm not the typical middle child though. Since I was born with a congenital heart defect, I was different from the get go.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
I would have to say ... LOVE!
My parents and grandparents were very loving people. They had a love for others and a love for God.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
Definitely pants, although I love dresses for a special occasion.
|I used to love wearing dresses!|
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
In the past, I never woke up during the night. I slept like a baby the moment my head hit the pillow. However, I cannot say that these days. I'm past menopause and I've been under much stress lately. So, I wake up during the night and toss and turn. I don't want to wake my husband so I tend to get on the computer and ...blog (just like now).
|Thank you Susan!|
"I believe God made me for a purpose but He also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure." from Chariots of Fire
I have to thank South Lakes Mom for completing that quote correctly. You see, I wrote this blog post about 1 am when I was groggy. LOL.
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
I love the smell of pumpkin.
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
Cooler weather in Phoenix ...maybe? I hope soon.
|House Beautiful Photo|
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
I was surprised by the kindness of dear friends who supplied my need when I least expected it. Thank you Diane, Sue, Lisa, Linda and the Wild Bunch. You know who you are!
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
Greg took me to meet his mom soon after we first began dating. He told her I was the one he would marry before he even asked me. LOL. I think she was taken back a bit since this was the first she heard of that too. He took me to meet his dad and I was surprised at how talented he was. His hobbies included artwork that looked so professional.
Happy Fall to you!
Blessings and love,