It's Thankful Thursday and Lynn of Spiritually Unequal Marriage has been our host for for January. She suggested we share about unexpected joys the Lord has brought into our lives this week.
This season in my life has been very challenging but I have to admit there have been a few unexpected joys this week.
I just want to share that prayer brings joy to my heart. I truly believe in the ...power of prayer.
I'm thankful for the unexpected joys of:
- The prayers of many awesome blogging friends.
- Praying with my realtor's assistant Judy as we sat outside my house. I discovered that she grew up on the mission field in Costa Rica. We had the opportunity to talk of lessons learned through tough times and God's goodness.
- Peggy of Amazing Grace who personalized Scripture with my name and sent it to me.
- Jennifer of Smelling Coffee who emailed me this week after the Lord impressed my name on her heart. She prayed for me.
- Sonja of Bits and Pieces and I have delighted in discovering the many similarities in our lives.
As I think about this, I'm amazed at how the Lord is faithful. He provides me what I need exactly when He knows I need it. And He fills me with ...His joy.
Edie of Rich Gifts sent me this image of JOY at Christmas time but I thought it was so appropriate for this Thankful Thursday post on unexpected joy. Thank you Edie.
May each one of you be on the lookout for those unexpected joys in your life.
Blessings and love,