It's Thankful Thursday and Laurie of Women Taking A Stand is our host for the month of December. Today Laurie has written about the gift of protection.
I'm so thankful for God's protection. As a child of the Most High God, I can choose to run to Him. I love this picture that illustrates Psalm 91:4a.
- When life is uncertain and the pressures increase
- When the "experts" forecast ongoing financial crisis and job layoffs
- When I hear about war and families being separated
- When I don't know what tomorrow will bring
- When mysterious light spirals viewed in the Norway sky are unexplained or possibly a Russian missile firing
- When God is being taken out of public schools and government
- When tolerance replaces right and wrong
I am so thankful that I can run to God ...who is my protector.
I am thankful that He is my fortress; an ever present help in times of trouble.
I am so thankful for the Word of God that teaches me:
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
I am thankful for His protection ...as I abide in Him.
When I am scared ...I run to Him.