It's Thankful Thursday and Laurie of Women Taking A Stand is our host this week. Laurie asked us a question.
What do you see when you look back over this past year?
What a perfect question to ask since tomorrow begins a new year; 2010.
I've heard it said not to look back but only forward.
While I don't think we should dwell on the past, I learn much by looking back. It provides me with a time to reflect and assess:
- What mistakes did I make ...so I won't repeat them?
- What lessons did I learn?
- What am I grateful and thankful for from 2009?
Since this is Thankful Thursday, I'd like to focus on ...being thankful.
Although 2009 was a very difficult year for me, I've much for which I can be thankful. So, here's my thankful list (in no particular order):
- Family and friends who have walked alongside me when I felt like I had nothing to give
- My church family and pastor who have reached out to me in ways I would never have imagined
- Blogging is high on my list too. I have rediscovered my voice and have found writing to be so therapeutic.
- My blogging friends are such a joy and encouragement to me. I never knew I could feel such love for people I never met in person but I do.
- The love I feel for my husband.
- I'm learning so much in the field of social media through the work I'm doing with my husband.
- Spending so much time online, I've reconnected with many cousins and family members throughout the world.
- I've been able to pray for so many families in need and this is such a privilege.
- I've been introduced to so many new songs through Then Sings My Soul Saturday.
- I'm on the lookout for things to be thankful for as I know I will write a thankful Thursday post.
- I can find encouragement and accountability to make healthier lifestyle choices as I write my Fitness Friday posts.
I could go on and on but I'll stop here. See, when you focus your mind on looking back to remember what you can be thankful for ...it changes your perspective.
May today be a day of reflection. Tomorrow is a new day and a new year; a day to look forward.
I'm so thankful that the Lord's mercies are new every morning and that ...He is faithful.Happy New Year,