It's Thankful Thursday and Lynn of Spiritually Unequal Marriage is our host today. She has chosen the theme of "count your blessings".
No matter what I may be going through at this time in my life, I can always stop and focus on the many blessings I have been given. As I'm writing, the words to the song "Count Your Blessings" keeps going through my mind. Count your blessings, name them one by one.
Here are a few of my blessings from this week alone:
- Cooler temperatures in Phoenix (finally!)
- A beautiful rainbow yesterday after a bit of rain (OK; sprinkles)
- A phone call of encouragement and prayer from Pastor Dan
- Frequent words of encouragement from blogging sister Lisa Shaw
- Connecting with another new relative from Norway through Facebook (Hilde)
- A surprise lasagna for dinner made by my mother-in-love Gloria
- Studying 1 John on Scott's blog Opening His Word Together
- Precious emails with another blogging sister Debra
- Reading Forever N Ever N Always and seeing Jill's example of trusting God
- Looking forward to a get together with Sarah Dawn of Splashin' Glory (Yes, we will find a date that works)
- Reading comments of encouragement on Heart Choices
- Denise of Shortybear's Place who faithfully comments words of love
- Receiving the book "His Princess: Love Letters from your King" as a giveaway winner and already blessed by reading the first few letters
- Winning a one hour consult with professional organizer Debbie Pendall as a giveaway from Faithful Bloggers
- Being chosen as a featured blogger on Faithful Bloggers tomorrow. I hope you will check them out.
Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God has done.
Yes, there are many blessings in my life. I'm so glad I wrote this post today. You can visit other participating blogs this Thankful Thursday or maybe even join in and ...count your blessings.