It's Thankful Thursday and Lynn of Spiritually Unequal Marriage is hosting. Lynn chose the theme of change for this week.
Whenever I hear the word change, my first instinct is fear. My natural tendency is towards stability and I tend to ...avoid change.
I like to stay in my comfort zone. Even when change might be good for me, God often has to push me where I don't willingly want to go. I'm not one for taking lots of risks. And yet, right now I feel like I'm out on a ledge which is very scary.
But growing in faith requires me to trust and step out; not in my own strength ...but in the Lord's.
Even during this changing season in my life, I can be thankful as I see God at work:
- My marriage has been growing in such a positive way. Often when people are going through a stressful time, couples can blame each other and fight. But Greg and I are growing closer and for that I'm so thankful.
- Greg returned safely from a necessary trip to San Francisco with a major situation behind him. His flight was delayed by several hours because of a major dust storm in Phoenix. But the first thing he said when he came off the plane was how much he missed me. The woman he sat beside on the plane came up to me smiling and said Greg had told her all about me. She invited us to come to hear her husband play in his band. What a change because normally Greg does work on flights instead of being chatty. :)
- My friend Terri and her husband Steve took me to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants called Postino's. We got to celebrate Steve's birthday which was fun.
- The weather has been cooler in Phoenix. Yay God. It's exciting to turn off the air conditioning and open up the doors and windows.
- I got to meet Sarah Dawn of Splashin' Glory and her family at their new home nearby. How thankful I was to have this opportunity to meet her and hug her in person.
- On the way home from Sarah Dawn's I missed an exit on the freeway so I decided to use this opportunity to stop by my friend Sue's house which was close by. I meant to just say hi and get going but she and her husband Jim insisted I stay and have dinner with them. I'm so thankful for the fun time we had together!
I see the Lord at work in my circumstances. It's been rare for me to have any time to myself lately and yet He provided time for friendship this past week. He's been changing my husband's heart in such positive ways too.
As long as I'm submitting each day to the Lord, I know He will guide me and teach me. And I'm learning to trust His perfect timing and His perfect ways more and more.