But I've found that TRUE PEACE is not found in:
- An orderly house although I do function better that way
- Relationships no matter how special they are
- Acts of kindness although it can be such a blessing to give and to receive
- Money in my bank account
- A perfect marriage (Is there such a thing? LOL)
- Well behaved children or not having children
- Holding hands and singing "Give Peace a Chance" (yeah, I was a child of the '60s)
- Attempting to control my circumstances when they're out of my control (ever tried that?)
- Trying to focus on positive things when my mind is distracted and all over the place
In this verse of Scripture in John 14, Jesus says that ...He provides the peace.
He tells us to not let our hearts be troubled and not to be fearful. Only a relationship with Jesus can provide that true peace, no matter what the circumstances of my life may be.
Or I can listen to my flesh that I must contend with on this side of eternity.
Will I choose His peace by listening to Him?
Or will I attempt to do it my way?
The choice seems easy but it's ...a moment by moment heart choice.
And I do desire this true peace that only Jesus provides.
How about you?