It's Thankful Thursday and our host for this month is Laurie of Women Taking a Stand. The theme Laurie chose is slowing down.
Well, that's a great topic. It seems that we are busier than ever. With our to-do lists and organizing skills, we often attempt to squeeze more activities into our days.
I remember when my mom used to go food shopping once a week; on Friday night. Now, I find myself running to the grocery store several times a week. And then I think of all the gas I waste by doing that. I need to get more organized. Or maybe I simply need to stop ...and slow down.
I'm thankful for:
- My daily morning quiet time with the Lord
- The sound of rain as I awakened one morning last week
- The sound of the birds chirping away in our backyard
- Waking up with a song of praise in my head ...and heart
- Being able to work from home on my computer
- The smell of cardamom as I make up a batch of Norwegian waffles
- Taking the time to sit and read a good book
- An unexpected segment of "So You Think You Can Dance" last night with the 15 best dances of all their seasons
- Reading blog posts on My Romantic Home, French Garden House, The Inspired Room and Nesting Place.
- Sipping a cup of tea while reading Victoria Magazine
These are just a few of the things for which I'm thankful today as I consider slowing down. How about you? Do you ever take the time to slow down and be still? Or are you always running to the next activity or appointment? Do you enjoy a time of peace and solitude? Isn't it time you got refreshed?