It's Thankful Thursday and for the second week in a row, I'm soooo glad. And no, that wasn't a typo. LOL. It's just so good for me to focus on what I'm grateful for. As I've written before, this is a very trying time in my life.
Laurie of Women Taking A Stand is our host. She has chosen the theme of ...SIMPLICITY.
It's kind of funny to me but I really do crave simplicity. But my life is far from simple right now. I've had to focus my energy on helping my hubby in his company. I've not had much time for recreation and fun. Working all day from my computer keeps me at home most of the time.
However, I've learned much about what's really important. And being at home, there are some advantages and for that ...I'm thankful.
Simplifying has provided certain benefits such as:
- Saving gas money
- No time for shopping (and spending money on things I don't really need)
- Realizing that I don't need material things to make me happy.
- I use my Kindle (it was a gift) and so I don't accumulate so many books to store.
- I've sold china, coins, jewelry and much more on eBay and got cash.
- I don't need to buy trendy clothes. I have a few expensive classic pieces that last forever and never go out of style.
- I've started to grow herbs to use for cooking. It saves money too.
- I make 99.9% of our meals at home from scratch.
- I download recipes online for free.
- I use a small line dryer instead of using my indoor dryer for clothes, except for sheets and towels. It saves money and I love the smell.
- I love to start my day in quiet time (prayer, Bible and journal) and coffee of course.
So, here are a few photos of my favorite things about simplicity.
I know exactly where to go to find my source of joy and fullfillment. It's not found in any material things, activities or people. It's found in my relationship with the Lord. And for that ...I'm eternally thankful and grateful.
I feel better already. See what focusing on being thankful can do for your attitude?