Now, how can you resist visiting a blog with a name like Chocolate & Coffee?
The quote Deborah chose for this week is:
I agree with Oswald Chambers' quote. It's easy to appear one way in public but something else when nobody's around.
Now, I'm not pointing fingers but ...I'm just saying.
- How many times have you argued with your spouse or kids all the way to church? You get out of the car and try to arrange your Sunday smile.
- Have you ever complimented someone on their home but inside felt jealous and wondered why you couldn't have a home like that?
- What about the times when you're in the grocery store and the clerk is just so slow? Do you become impatient or do you try to be understanding?
- Have you ever talked to others about how important praying and reading your Bible is but lately you just haven't had the time to spare?
- How do you answer your phone? Does your voice change when it's someone you consider "important"? Or do you treat all people with kindness?
- Do you obey the speed limit when you see no policeman around?
- Do you claim to forgive but continue to harbor bitterness about a wrong done to you?
These questions cause me to examine myself. Am I the same in public as I am in private when nobody's looking?
The reality is that God sees and knows all, including ...the motives in my heart.
So, who am I kidding?