If it's Thursday, this must be Thankful Thursday. I love having one day a week to blog specifically about being thankful. Because of this, I tend to be on the lookout for things for which I can be thankful during the week. And that's a good thing!
I've heard it said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I agree with that. But our culture tends to define beauty in a specific way:
- Being young
- Being thin
- Having a perfect face structure
All you have to do is watch TV shows like America's Top Model or take a glance at the magazine covers. But is that really true beauty? Have you ever seen a woman who is beautiful on the outside but when she opens her mouth, her true self is exposed?
Here's what the Bible says in 1 Peter 3:3a, 4:
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment ....Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
As I think back over this week, I'm reminded of many of the truly beautiful women who have been there for me and I'm so thankful for each one of them. There are many others who have blessed me but I want to mention a few from this particular week.
- My prayer partner Helen, who is on vacation in Oklahoma this week visiting her ailing uncle. She gave me a blessing basket before she left. Each day I get to open a gift labeled for that day and there's always a Bible verse linked to each. So far, I've received the cutest flip flops, a candle, chocolates, lip balm, and today a beautiful friends photo frame with a picture of the two of us. How special is that? Helen is beautiful!
- Lisa Shaw of Sharing Life With Lisa has been such a blessing to me this week. She is beautiful inside and out and has been such an encouragement to me through her prayers and words of wisdom. Thank you Lisa!
- Jill of Forever n Ever n Always who has blessed me abundantly in so many ways. She is truly beautiful both inside and out.
- Laurie M. of Beauty for Ashes has that true beauty too. She has also been a special encouragement to me this week. And did you know that we share the same birthday? Different years but the same day. How cool is that?
There are many other truly beautiful women who have blessed me this week including Terri, Sue, Lori, Marcia, Nancy and of course there's Jamie in San Antonio.
But if I get going, this list would be too long and ...you have other Thankful Thursday blogs to visit, don't you?