But, as Christian women, how do you really see yourself?
How many of you look in the mirror and get discouraged by what you see?
How many of you are so dissatisfied with yourself? Maybe you feel too fat or even …too thin?
Are you influenced by photos of skinny models and movie stars who wear a teeny tiny size zero?
I hope you realize that most of the photos you see in magazines have been air brushed or touched up by Photoshop to look "perfect".
I want to be clear that when I talk about getting in shape and being fit on Heart Choices, I am talking about being healthy and having the energy to do what you want to do.
If you’re overweight and as a result become short of breath every time you do something, it may be hard to be active.
I do believe as Christians, our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit. So, I want to take care of my body as much as I can ...within reason. I will never have a perfect body but that’s not my goal.
And so this brings me to my topic for this Fitness Friday!
Do you know who you are …in Christ?
You are accepted.
- You are God’s child. John 1:12
- You have been chosen by God and adopted as His child. Ephesians 1:3-8
- You have been redeemed and forgiven of all your sins. Colossians 1:13-14
- You have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus. Hebrews 4:14-16
You are secure.
- You are free from condemnation and you cannot be separated from the love of God. Romans 8:31-39
- You are hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3:1-4
- You are a citizen of heaven. Philippians 3:20
- You have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
- You can be confident that God will complete the good work He started in you. Philippians 1:6
You are significant.
- You have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. John 15:16
- You are God’s temple. 1 Corinthians 3:16
- You are God’s workmanship. Ephesians 2:10
- You can do all things through Christ, who strengthens you. Philippians 4:13
- You may approach God with freedom and confidence. Ephesians 3:12
Wow; I don't know about you but I love reading this. It's good to be reminded of who we are ...in Christ.
So, I hope on this Fitness Friday which happens to fall on Good Friday, you might take some time and remember that you accepted, secure and significant.
And it's not because you look a certain way. It's because you've received the gift of Jesus into your heart and now ...you're forgiven and FREE!
May you have a blessed Easter!
And by the way, don't forget to visit Sandy at God Speaks Today. She's got a totally different topic but one that is great if you want to step up your workout schedule a bit. Have you heard of High Intensity Interval Training? If not, you might like to hop over to Sandy's Fitness Friday post to learn more.