- With my cell phone I never have to miss any calls when I'm not at home.
- My internet connection provides me with instant access to all of the latest news, blogs and social networks.
- I can even stay in touch with my family and friends easily and more often with email.
- I can instantly share photos I took that day after uploading them to my computer.
- I've made connections with long lost friends from high school and college on Classmates.
- If I need to shop, why leave home? I can access websites and even compare prices and locate ratings and reviews to find out what other people like me had to say.
Our fast paced lifestyle has given us many conveniences.
But at what cost? Do you remember when life was simpler?
Don't get me wrong. I love my modern conveniences. But there are moments when I long for simplicity. Do you remember? When...
- Families sat down to meals together without the TV on
- Dinner consisted of a homemade meal and not fast food or take out
- Kids walked to school without being driven everywhere by their parents
- Kids played games and ran outside instead of sitting for hours in front of the TV, computer and video games
- You actually had to do errands to earn an allowance
- You had time to sit and talk face to face with friends
- You didn't have to schedule exercise time because you walked everywhere
How about you? Can you add to my list? What do you remember?